How Assessment Improves Student Learning
Our college vision is simple – Students succeed at Pikes Peak Community College. To ensure that we meet this challenge, PPCC assesses its programs to examine what we do and how we might do it better. We want to be confident that when our students leave PPCC, they’ll be successful at another school or in the 21st century workplace.
The web pages you find here address the following questions:
- What are our student learning outcomes?
- What is our assessment plan?
- What are our assessment resources?
- What are our assessment activities?
- What is our evidence of student learning?
- How do we use evidence to support student learning?
For details, check out the links to the right. You can also take a look at our video tutorial - Assessment at PPCC: A Process of Improvement.
The components of these web pages are modeled after a best assessment practice from the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (2011). Transparency Framework. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA). Retrieved from: http://www.learningoutcomeassessment.org/TransparencyFramework.htm