Frequently Asked Questions
Why does PPCC need a copy of my TOEFL or IELTS scores?
Your TOEFL or IELTS score tells us if you can be a successful student at PPCC, whether you will need to take English as a second language classes before beginning your degree program, and proves that we will have 12 credits of classes for you to satisfy your visa requirements.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 450 (written test) or 45 (Internet test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Information may be obtained at www.toefl.org. PPCC's institution code is 4291. Students scoring below 550 (written) or 80 (Internet) will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program.
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5. Students scoring below 6.5 will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program.
- Transcripts showing graduation from an English language school approved by the college.
What do I need to transfer from another U.S. college to PPCC?
• Your TOEFL or IELTS score
• A statement for the international student advisor at your current school that proves you are in good status
• Original financial statements dated within the last six months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study
How can I apply for a student visa if I’m not in the USA?
Please see admission requirements.
Where do I send the documents?
Enrollment Services/Records - Attn: Michelle Freeburger
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd, Campus Box C-8
Colorado Springs, CO 80906