At the PPCC Learning Assistance Center, our mission is to empower student success through collaborative learning, individualized advancement, leadership development, and meaningful dialogues.
Why Use the LAC?
PPCC students who choose to participate in LAC services not only receive better grades on average, but they also learn skills and strategies individualized to their learning preferences that have helped them to become better students overall!
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
*Tutoring may occur outside of regular office hours. Please refer to the schedule.
Spring 2016 Tutoring
The Spring 2016 tutoring schedule will be available the first week of classes.
Drop-in tutoring begins on January 25th at all campuses.
NOW HIRING TUTORS!
The LAC is looking for peer tutors for the Spring 2016 semester. For more information about courses needing coverage and how to become a tutor, please follow the link below.
Please contact the LAC with any questions.
LAC Programs and Services:
- Peer-to-peer tutoring services offered by trained and certified tutors
- Placement test preparation materials and support to students needing to take or retake, the AccuPlacer Placement Test at PPCC
- Academic skills workshop series designed to help students prepare for the rigors of college coursework
- Study skills help for students interested in creating an academic success plan that is individualized to their learning preferences and needs
- Online resources for distance students
Services are offered at all PPCC campus locations and are scheduled based upon student need and available resources. For more information on each of the LAC services, please select the links on the right.