Welcome Veterans to Pikes Peak Community College

Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC) is approved by the Colorado State Approving Agency for Veterans Education. Our degree and certificate programs are approved for payment of educational benefits to those veterans and dependents that are determined eligible by the Veterans Administration.  The PPCC Veterans Affairs office at the Centennial Campus has staff that can provide assistance with the necessary VA forms to apply for payment of benefits. For additional information, please contact mvp@ppcc.edu.


VA students desiring to enroll at PPCC should follow the Seven Step Enrollment Process.

An Important Message About the Veterans Certification Request

After registration, you must submit a Certification Request every semester in order to receive your benefits.

Learn more about the Veterans Certification or proceed to fill out the online Certification Request Form.

Chapter 33 Veterans

When you receive your Certification of Eligibility, please bring a copy to our office at Centennial Campus, room C222. You can also fax us a copy to 719-502-4101. We will not be able to certify you for Chapter 33 benefits until we receive this information. Additional information and links.

Applying for VA Benefits

Our office will help eligible veterans and dependents apply for veterans' education benefits.  Information for that process can be found here.  We will also help with VA tutoring, vocational rehabilitation, and advising. Additional information and forms.

Scholarship Opportunities

Post-9/11 GI Bill: Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship

(Posted July 15, 2010) Public Law 111-32, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship amends the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) to include the children of service members who die in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. Eligible children attending school may receive up to the highest public, in-state, undergraduate tuition and fees, plus a monthly living allowance, with a stipend for books and supplies under this program.

Who is Eligible?

Children of an active duty member of the Armed Forces who died in the line of duty after September 1, 2001, are eligible for this benefit. A child may be married or over 23-years-old and still be eligible.

Expanded Eligibilty Criteria to the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced on October 20, 2014 that it will begin accepting applications by mail on Monday, November 3, 2014, for the Fry Scholarship under newly expanded eligibility criteria to include surviving spouses. The expanded criteria for the Fry Scholarship is the latest in a series of VA actions to implement provisions of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 ('Choice Act').  For additional information, please choose.

Children of Military Members

The HEOA (Higher Education Opportunity Act) provides maximum Federal Pell Grant eligibility for a student whose parent or guardian was a member of the Armed Forces and died as a result of performing military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/2001, provided that the child was under 24 years old or was enrolled in college at the time of the parent or guardian's death.

These students will be considered to be eligible for the maximum Federal Pell Grant award for the period during which the student is otherwise eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant. ED will work with the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to identify affected students.

Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)

For the first time in history, service members enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill program will be able to transfer unused educational benefits (TEB) to their spouses or children starting Aug. 1, 2009. New Department of Defense guidance, issued June 23, 2009, establishes the criteria for eligibility and transfer of those education benefits. The new GI Bill, signed into law June 20, 2008, provides the most comprehensive educational benefit package since the original bill, officially known as the Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944, was signed into law.

For more information on eligibility and the application procedures, see the Department of Veteran's Affairs website.

WAVE Automated Verification of Enrollment

If you are in a degree program at a college or university, or a certificate or diploma program at a business, technical, or vocational school, you will not receive payment until you have verified your attendance. Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) process at  https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/ .

Contact Information

Gail Bicknell Diane Adams Billy Flynn Tierra Martinez
Acting Director/Certifying Official Certifying Official Administration Assistant Certifying Official
719.502.3081 719.502.2041 719.502.3604 719.502.4303
800.456.6847 Ext 3081 800.456.6847 Ext 2041 800.456.6847 Ext 3604 800.456.6847 Ext 4303
Gail.Bicknell@ppcc.edu Diane.Adams@ppcc.edu     Billy.Flynn@ppcc.edu          Tierra.Martinez@ppcc.edu